Lash aftercare can sometimes be a struggle. Were here to share with you some tips and tricks to better help you retain your beautiful new eyelash extensions!
1. No sleeping on your face. Sleep on your back if possible. If you sleep on your side, you can place your pillow away from your eyelashes to help avoid your extensions being smushed into the pillow.
2. Do not brush your lashes when they are wet. We highly recommend to lightly dry with either a small lash fan (available for purchase in our salon @ $20) or use a blowdryer- at a far distance on COOL setting. Then, lightly brush your lashes. This will keep them looking their best, and fluffy.
3. Do not rub, touch, or play with your eyelash extensions. Not only are you transferring germs onto your eyelid, but you are transferring natural oils from your finger tips onto your lashes. This will most definitely cause them to slide or pop off prematurely.
4. Proper hygiene is VERY important. Keeping your lashes nice and clean is highly recommended. Cleansing daily actually helps retain your lashes. It is a common misconception that getting your lashes wet will take your extensions off. However, if you do not get them wet or cleanse them, your natural oils will remain on your lash line...causing build up, and premature lash shedding. Also theres a chance of an eye infection if you are not keeping them clean!
5. Do NOT use mascara on your eyelash extensions. Carbonate is the main ingredient found in most mascaras, causing the adhesive to be dissolved and become sticky/impossible to remove. If you find yourself reaching for mascara, let us know- we have an amazing one in the salon thats formulated to use on your bottom lashes, or extensions for an extra pop!
6. We highly recommend ONLY using MegaLash Lash Cleansing Foam on your lash line as well as Xtreme Lash Eye Makeup Remover & Facial Cleanser on your entire face or at least from your forehead to your cheekbone area. Both of these products are available in our retail area. If you are dedicated to a certain skincare line, we understand. However, please use these products from your cheekbone down. If a product that is NOT sold to you from MegaLash Studio is applied to your forehead (for example moisturizers, cleansers) we can not guarantee your Lashes to last. MOST products on the market contain traces of Oil. Also, under eye serums will work their way up into the lash line. We carry an Oil Free under Eye Serum that is compatible with Eyelash Extensions. Invest into the right products and your lashes will last beautifully!
Thank you for reading, and please comment below if you have any questions!